So what is it about me that gets people revved up? It's not my calm demeanor under stress, it's not my pretty face or that piece of shit truck I drive. I bet I know...It's the fact that I don't keep my mouth shut. I am not a submissive personality, so if I am unhappy with something, I let you know about it. My sister has the same personality, which I am so happy she does. She unfortunately doesn't know how to convey her dislike of something or someone appropriately. She figures just interrupting people and having an attitude will get her far...which has not.
I have been told that I have some anger toward her, which is true. I hate that she is spoiled rotten and can't shut up long enough to learn something. Here are a few things she should keep in mind if she wishes to survive the next few years...
- My house, my rules...end of discussion.
- Just because you don't agree with how I am raising you, doesn't mean jack shit. You don't agree with it because you don't have free reign like you did before.
- When I'm talking, you don't. I will give you the same courtesy.
- You are not grown. You don't know what goes on in my marriage or what we talk about...don't pretend you do.
- You want to feel like you are apart of our family? Stop acting like a little shit and participate in family things. Just because we don't discuss financial with you doesn't mean we don't consider you a part of the family. We opened our home and our hearts to have you up here. Show some fucking gratitude.
- WEAR AGE APPROPRIATE CLOTHING!!! You are 16. When you are 18 then you can dress like a tramp.
- If we are discussing you, you don't, I repeat...DO NOT need to know about it until we decide that you do. If you don't like...tough shit.
- Grades are number 1. If you can't care enough about your education, you will not get far, especially in the field you want to be in.
- Watch your fucking language when you are talking to me. I will go old school and wash your mouth out with soap!
- If you don't want to hear what I have to say about something, don't ask the question.
These are just the tip of the ice burg. You may think it's a bit harsh...I don't care. This girl has tugged my chain for the last time. The foot is down and booted up. It will go straight up someone's ass the next time I am tested. And please, don't think it's just her. I have a whole list for the husband as well...he is just as bad as she is. I can not do shit with the sister without the husband sticking up for her. I'm too hard on her. Of course this is someone who chose to give his parents hell just because he could. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but God Damn it...
- Learn to provide a united front... I can't tell her one thing and then you go and say “I disagree” in front of her. You don't do it with our kids, don't do it with her.
- Stop taking up for her all the fucking time. She is 16, she doesn't know everything. I don't either, but I sure as hell know a shit ton more than her. Unlike you, I have been a 16 year old girl and KNOW what the fuck she is planning on doing and what she is thinking.
- If you refuse to do your part, don't do shit. Don't give input, don't offer advice, nothing.
Of course I have already discussed all these things with both of them, but I thought it would be nice for them to have a reference for when they fuck up again.