Follow by Email

Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Crazy Life Part 1

In the 25 years I have been alive, I do have to say that most of that was awesome!! I have three of the most beautiful babies that have ever lived and they are my world. I wake up everyday and just can't believe how lucky I am to have them. It took me a few years to even realize how lucky I am to not only have my children, but also the man in my life that helped create them....My husband. Errol has seen me at my worst and at my best. Surprisingly, my worst didn't scare him away, it had the opposite effect. He stuck to me like Krazy Glue.

From the first day we were together, he made me feel so safe. I just knew without even having to think about it that he would forever hold me safely in his arms. And to be honest, those are my favorite place in the whole world to his arms. It was almost 18 months before he knew my darkest secret. I didn't want him to leave me so I kept it to myself until one day while visiting my Mom with our son that I thought my sisters were in danger of the same thing happening. I finally broke and told not only my Mother what had gone on, but also my husband.

For as long as I could remember until I was 17 years old, I was molested and raped by my father. The only reason it stopped when I was 17 was because I left his house and moved in with a friend of mine. Anyway, the weekend I told my family what happened, my father had custody of my younger sisters for the week and was supposed to have them back that Sunday night...when it started getting late, I couldn't sleep and got really nauseated because I just kept thinking he was hurting them as well. He dropped the girls off first thing the next morning and my Mom didn't say two words to him...which was probably the safest thing for her to do. She was so angry and hurt that I don't think she knew what to do. She drove us all back home...Houston to Arkansas...we made great time 7.5 hours. Before we left, she made me call my husband and try to talk to him, but all I could do was cry. He thought I was leaving him, so when we showed at home, he was so relieved. Then, the cops showed up and my Mom made me report what happened to the cops and press charges and get a restraining order since my dad lived in the same area as myself and my family.

The justice system worked very fast at this. Within days I had a permanent restraining order in place and they had a warrant to arrest my father. Unfortunately, because of the restraining order, he had a heads up as to what was going on. So he packed himself, his girlfriend (who is 3 years older than me), and my little brother up and left town the day the warrant was to be executed. The police misesd him by literally 35 minutes.  


  1. Have I mentioned before I hate cliff hangers?? Get writing woman... !

  2. wow! awesome of you to share your story!! can't wait to hear the rest! xoxo