Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This Is Why Men Aren't Moms...


Let me start out by saying I love my husband with all I have....but I swear on all that is Holy, I can't leave him alone to do shit!! * sigh * Let me start at the beginning of my day.

03:00 a.m.- Wake up to feed the baby
06:00 a.m.- Wake up the boy to get ready for school
07:00 a.m.- Get the boy on the bus for school
07:15 a.m.- Make sure the sister is up and getting ready for school
08:00 a.m.- Feed the munchkin and the baby
09:30 a.m.- Start laundry
12:45 p.m.- Feed the munchkin and put the munchkin down for a nap and feed the baby
01:45 p.m.- Leave husband with the children to run errands
03:00 p.m.- Go to Wal*Mart and try to muddle through without killing someone
03:20 p.m.- Pick up the sister from school and start calling husband to no avail
03:45 p.m.- Drop off sister at the orthodontist and continue calling husband while pumping in the car
04:15 p.m.- Pick up my contacts and still call the husband
04:30 p.m.- Head home and continue to call husband

I get home and find the husband sound asleep on the couch, the baby in her playpen screaming at the top of her lungs, and the munchkin was quietly sitting in her crib watching “The Backyardigans”, though she was soaked from wetting herself. The boy was standing at the edge of the baby's playpen trying to comfort her with a bottle he defrosted and bottled himself (so proud of him for that). I asked the boy how long his dad had been asleep, and he told me he was asleep when he got home from school. So at least an hour!! I left the house at 1:45!! He was awake!! So, I got the munchkin cleaned up and changed her sheets. Fed the baby and changed her, and hugged the boy. After waking the husband...violently shaking him awake, I started dinner. The husband had the balls to ask me why I was so pissed off at him...while I am chopping vegetables!! I'm holding a sharp-ass knife and he's gonna ask me why I'm pissed off my children were not looked after while I was gone!! Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me??!!! Needless to say, the night did not end well for my loving, yet forgetful-that-he-has children-and-sleeps-all-afternoon-husband.



I don't ask for much. Just a little help with the housework on occasion and if I leave to do something without my kids...that doesn't happen often...that the man that helped me make the kids, could care for them while I am away. * head to desk *

3 comments:

  1. I empathize. Part of my recent Mommy Meltdown was explaining to DH that I found it unacceptable for him to ignore housework, the kids, or me, b/c he was watching shows on Netflix, or goofing around on his laptop. After much melting on my part, he got it. He's doing better. Good luck, want to borrow my ice pick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to borrow it if he does this mess again. You'd think after 7 years together, he'd get the clue...I take the well being of my kids very seriously. I don't mind him sleeping like the dead when I'm home, but when he's alone with the kids, he needs to pay the fuck attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mo- I deal with this multiple times a week....lol. I feel your pain. If Arick is remotely tired, I can't leave the house unless I either take all the kids, or make him come too. Otherwise I come home to a trashed house, and kids that are trying to take care of themselves.

      Delete