Friday, March 16, 2012

Why Are You So Stupid?


 So the other day I had the girlfriend of my husband's best friend say with me while our men did whatever it is the menfolk do when they're drinking beer and working on a car. I have met this girl a few times before, so the fact that I nurse should not have been anything new to her, but no...anytime I nursed the baby this girl flipped the fuck out. Let me tell you all about it!



My husband and I decided to grill out that night since his best friend spent all day helping him work on his car. So off (I'll call her R) R and I went to Wal*Mart. We took both the girls with us so that the men wouldn't have to stop working on the cars and could utilize as much daylight as they could. Well the baby was apparently starving halfway through the trip so I latched her on and continued to shop for our dinner while R pushed my eldest daughter in the cart.  I had been walking around the store nursing for 10 minutes before she even noticed I was nursing!!As soon as R realized I was nursing and nursing in public all the stupid shit just started flowing out her mouth...I swear this bitch said “Are you fucking kidding me” diarrhea of the mouth. “I can not believe you would just whip out you tit and start feeding that baby!!” “This is why bottles were invented” “Why didn't you ask me if I was comfortable with you nursing her while we were shopping?” 

I had to remind myself very quickly that I had to be nice to this person because she is the girlfriend of a great friend. That in itself took a lot of will power. The fact that I didn't slap the stupid of her face surprised the mom that was shopping next to me. Her jaw hit the ground when R started off. So after I politely, yet sternly informed her as to why I was nursing my daughter in the middle of Wal*Mart, I had to walk away for a bit...still nursing by the way. We get home in time to put the food on the grill and cook the sides. After the sides were done cooking, the baby became hungry again, so I sit down and start to nurse her again. AGAIN, R asks me “Do you want me to get you a bottle so you can feed her?” I don't understand how a woman who is 22 years old can say something so stupid. I have to wonder if she even heard the words that were coming out of her mouth. But just in case she really is that dense, I want to make something perfectly clear:

I breast feed my child. I feed her when ever and where ever she is hungry. I do not use bottles when I am with her because I don't need to. If you have a problem with me breast feeding my baby, do me a favor and look away. I don't hold a gun to your head and force you to watch me feed her. I don't care if my baby breast feeding makes you uncomfortable, your face makes me uncomfortable and you don't hear me bitching to you about it, do you?

So, now that I have that off my chest, I can stop being nice to people and just squirt them with my boob juice anytime they have something to say about my breast feeding. Don't believe me? Say something... :)

3 comments:

  1. do it! do it! I dare ya! Shoot them right in the f'in eye! They would deserve it, morons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. fricking awesome!! good for you!

    ReplyDelete